Certified Public Accountants Services Member - AICPA
Scott & Cronin LLP is a full-service firm offering tax planning, tax preparation, accounting and auditing services to a variety of professionals, entrepreneurs, closely-held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. We recognize the need for providing innovative advice and practical solutions to the challenges facing businesses as they grow.
Primarily we serve:
- Professionals, entrepreneurs, closely-held corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies in the fields of real estate, real estate related services, medicine, law and other professional services.
- High net worth individuals concerned with asset management and retirement planning.
Tax Management Services
At Scott & Cronin, LLP, we guide our clients through a full range of tax planning and preparation decisions with strategies that minimize your tax liabilities, maximize your cash flow and keep you on track to your financial goals. Our expertise, experience, analysis and thorough research allow us to optimize financial opportunities to be found in existing as well as recently altered tax laws. We are knowledgeable and up to date on the tax laws and can make sense of your receipts, bills and notices.
From start-ups to established enterprises, businesses rely on accurate and insightful financial information in order to maintain profitability and capitalize on new opportunities. Scott & Cronin, LLP's accounting services steer you closer to these goals with accurate record-keeping and reporting as well as support on financial issues such as initial accounting system setup, cost-containment, tax planning, investments, and employee benefit and profit-sharing plans.
These services include but are not limited to:
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Accounting system setup and support
- Cash flow budgeting and forecasting
- Personal financial statements
- Employee benefit and profit-sharing plans
- Corporate tax planning and return preparation
We can set up financial reports for your view to streamline your business and save your valuable time. These reports are important tools that can guide your business in making financial decisions, planning, and evaluating performance.
Audits, Reviews, and Compilation
Scott & Cronin, LLP's financial statement services comprise all three levels of assurance depending on your company's needs.
- Audits offer the highest level of assurance to third parties, and include in-depth examination and confirmation of account balances, inventories, and selected transactions. We perform audits for you to remove errors, ascertaining the validity and reliability of your information.
- Reviews provide limited assurance to outside interests and involve inquiries and analytical procedures that confirm financial statement matters and identify any items requiring further analysis. We perform reviews to ensure the integrity of your data.
- Compilations are usually requested for internal purposes and are based upon information provided by a company's management. They do not offer assurance but may involve some adjustment to accounting records.
Professional representation can be vital during an audit, and our experience with tax authorities enables us to guide clients in their dealings with federal and state agencies. If you have been chosen for an audit, the professional representation you can find with our firm can put many of your worries at bay. We are ready and willing to answer any and all questions the IRS may be asking of you.
Entity Selection and Restructuring
Your business entity has a large impact on your taxes and other liabilities. From your company's inception through its growth and development, Scott & Cronin, LLP can advise you on choosing an entity type and later restructuring if advantageous. With our knowledge and expertise, you will always be receiving the most advantageous entity type for the functions your business performs.
QuickBooks Accounting Help and Assistance
QuickBooks can provide useful and timely information in the form of financial statements, reports and graphs. However, it can only provide this information if you purchase the right product and then install, setup and use it properly. We don't just help you use the software, we help you use it more efficiently and more effectively.
Scott & Cronin, LLP offers the following solutions to help meet your QuickBooks needs:
- Setup - We assist new QuickBooks users with initial setup including: EasyStep Interview, Preferences, Lists, Customers, Vendors, Employees, Banking and Reports. We also help experienced users manage their businesses more effectively by improving their current setup. Many users experience problems and lack the ability to generate and track important information as a result of inadequate setup.